Tuesday, December 7, 2021

It's the most magical time of the year

Every December I desire my holiday to be magical and whimsical like in the Hallmark movies. Yes, I still believe in the magic of Christmas, but I also believe as adults we need to make our own magic. Easier said than done, right?

We did get engaged at a Christmas light display, which was so perfect for me! Zoo lights. Mr. G dropped to one knee right there on the walkway! See, there really IS something romantic about Christmas lights!!

I guess some folks are lucky enough to live in small towns that have that tv movie feel as soon as you step out your front door. I am in what I guess you would call the suburbs and you need to search for places that have that kind of feel, and possible travel to them.

But did you ever notice that most folks don't bother to slow down and enjoy the moment? I live in a book and tv movie world where I desire that feeling. I want to enjoy those moments.

I want to stroll down the sidewalk that is lined with white lights, and enjoy the starry night with a cup of cocoa in one hand and the other holding on to my love.

I want to enjoy a snowy day in a nice warm coffee house or lodge, sipping hot cocoa by a roaring fire. (I don't ski, I'm sure I'd break my leg. But I want to experience that atmosphere, just inside looking out at the beautiful snow, with a hot drink in my hand, by a warm fire.)

I want to go to a Holiday party, with Christmas music playing, lots of good food and cookies, decorations, maybe dancing, maybe an ugly sweater contest...yeah, I do watch too many movies.

I love everything about the holiday. The decorations, the lights, the snow, the music, family gatherings, cookies, buying gifts, the wrapping paper, the Hallmark Christmas movies, I love it all! I always want to decorate my house to feel like the North Pole, but end up just doing the minimum. (the older I get, the more I understand why some people hire folks to put up their lights, lol) But I do love turning all the lights off but the tree and letting it light up the room.

Sure, I rush through the grocery store, or errands, but when it comes to Christmas time I go to the mall solely to walk around and enjoy the decorations and the music. (not so much at Target and Walmart, unless it isn't busy, then I might take my time)

Even this summer, we were at an outside shopping mall, and I had visions of strolling along in the moonlight, with the trees lined with white lights.

My reality doesn't always match my fantasy world, and I guess you could say I'm a dreamer, with my head in the clouds. But there is just something about Christmas time!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know?

Did you know that I write two very different types of Romances? My Renegades Series is Spicy & Sweet Sports Romance. Lots of spice heati...