Tuesday, January 30, 2018

January 30th

January 30th...Just some thoughts...
Today is a day for celebration, reflection, and some tears.

Today is my one and only son's birthday - which means celebration, cake and fun! We’ll settle in and eat his choice for dinner while we watch the Penguins game tonight. Then enjoy birthday cake. He’s a big Pens fan, so we’re hoping for a birthday win tonight!


But, today is also a good friend's birthday. Every year, he'd wish my son a happy birthday, calling them birthday twins. Unfortunately, we lost this friend six months ago. I miss him every day. I didn't know until it was too late that he was struggling with his own issues.  It still seems pretty unrealistic that he’s gone.
He was a good, no, a wonderful guy, and a great friend. One who will not soon be forgotten.



That brings up #BellLetsTalk day, which is tomorrow Jan 31st. For every tweet that uses the #BellLetsTalk hashtag, they donate money towards mental health initiatives. And it encourages people to talk about mental health issues. bell.ca/letstalk
Tomorrow, follow my personal account on Twitter, @Tanger_Chick and retweet the #BellLetsTalk tweets. Let’s start the conversation, and let's keep talking.
https://twitter.com/Tanger_chick
https://twitter.com/Bell_LetsTalk/status/955809555128168452
This is just a reminder that someone is always listening. 1-800-273-8255
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Happy Birthday in Heaven, Ricky! Hope you’re partying like a Yinzer.

Life has been quite the roller coaster this last month and a half. My grandmother suffered a major stroke, and life as we know it with her has changed. I released book #8 in the Renegades Series, while working on book #9. Needless to say, going into 2018, I’ve been on an emotional overload.
My last Renegades book was released two days before her stroke. I haven’t done much in the way of promos since, because I just can’t seem to focus. That goes for writing as well. I WANT to write, but just can’t seem to sit and focus.
And you might be excited to know that Renegades #9 just went off to the editor. I’m very excited for this one. But, I always am!
If nothing else, all of this has enforced my belief in making the moments count. Be present for every holiday, every dinner, every moment. You’ll appreciate those memories later.

 
She's my last remaining grandparent, and I love her to pieces. We're just taking each day as it comes.
That's all you can do, right?
 
In the meantime, I'm doing my best to plan and plot some new stories, and try to put pen to paper. So keep an eye out for what's to come in 2018. I will be at three signings. Two in Pittsburgh, and one in Virginia. Hope to see you there! 
 
Angels and Sirens - March 2018
SaSS18 - July 2018
Steel City Author Signing - September 2018
 
Enough of my rambling...... 💜



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know?

Did you know that I write two very different types of Romances? My Renegades Series is Spicy & Sweet Sports Romance. Lots of spice heati...