Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Stanley Cup!! (Fan-Girl Moment!)


My family got the awesome opportunity to go see the Stanley Cup at Lucky Paws Pet Resort in Cranberry, PA. Thanks to Bryan Rust and his girlfriend Kelsey for bringing it to Cranberry for the public to take part in! We love our Penguins and love to celebrate their back to back victory. And we got to help the beagle rescue as well.

Every reservation to get a photo with the Cup gave a small donation to the Forever Home Beagle Rescue. It was a small price to take part in something this amazing. And we got to shake hands with Bryan Rust and talk with him for a minute. We also got to see last years Stanley Cup Champion ring. (fan-girl moment)

Bryan is great. Very down to Earth. I saw Kelsey talking to some folks, and she also seemed like a very genuine person. (I love getting to see this side of the team!)

And the moment we've been waiting for since 2009! Getting to stand next to the Stanley Cup!! The trophies of all trophies! I didn't take it all in like I should've, but I got to touch it. (squeal!)
The last time I had the opportunity to see the Stanley Cup was in 2009. I'll post the photo below, and you'll laugh at the difference in my son from then till now, lol.

But back to the pet resort for a second. If you live in Cranberry and have a dog, this place is awesome! (Oh yeah, we brought our dog to see the Cup - did I say that? I'm a but distracted by Stanley!) It has lots of land, lots of toys and a huge pool for the warm weather. It's a dog's dream!
If I lived closer I would definitely take my Nika there. She got lots of compliments from folks, which was nice, because she was being crazy and out of control. She's still a baby, only 2yrs old. So I guess that gives her a pass?
The people there were super nice and I would recommend it to local folks.

So, yeah, we got to bring Nika (she is a red Siberian Husky) and all four of us got out photo with the Stanley Cup! Best day ever!
I was really starting to worry that I wasn't going to get a chance to see the Cup this year either. I'm not a season ticket holder, and our opportunities aren't too often. And I'm a total geek about hockey and fangirl over the Cup - and we are the champs two years in a row! (Sorry to fans of other teams, but I really want a three-peat)

I will say, if I'm lucky enough to get a second chance to see the Stanley Cup this season, I want to hug it, take a selfie with it, and stare at it for a moment. Oh, and look at all the names carved into it too. And I WILL be trying to see it again! (I'm a crazy hockey fan, remember?)
I'm sure you're shaking your head now or laughing at my silliness, but it's okay - because I finally got to touch the STANLEY CUP!! Wooooooooo!!!!

And if you get to check out the Lucky Paws Resort you really should. I know your pup will love it!



Us with the Cup in 2009

Us 2017 (with dog Nika)

Ryan (my son) and Penguin Bryan Rust (2017)


The Stanley Cup!!!

www.luckypawsresort.com
Lucky Paws Pet Resort

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know?

Did you know that I write two very different types of Romances? My Renegades Series is Spicy & Sweet Sports Romance. Lots of spice heati...