Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Making someone's day sometimes makes yours too.


Making someone's day sometimes makes yours too.

The other day I was at my little part-time job (does once every two-weeks make it part-time? Or part-part-time maybe?), I put out greeting cards. Anyways, I ran into a lady shopping for cards. We started to talk, and we talked for probably 20 minutes to a half-hour. I had never met this woman before, and she didn't know me, but we talked about her life and a little about mine. She was very friendly and seemed like she just wanted to talk, so I listened.

She had been through a lot in her life, and things hadn't been perfect for her, but she kept on. The point of everything she said was just that. You have to keep going. Keep moving and doing what you love, no matter what. She wasn't wrong about that. My grandfather and a few of his siblings lived well into their ninety's, and they were doing things they loved (playing ping-pong, doing yard work, driving, even working on the roof!).

My grandmother is also in her ninety's. Apparently I come from good genes! The secret is to keep moving. Don't let anyone put you in the corner and don't curl up in the corner yourself and give up. Find what makes you happy, and do it, and keep doing it.

I don't know if I'll ever run into her again, but I'm sure not to forget our little talk anytime soon.

Sometimes it pays to just listen. 😃


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know?

Did you know that I write two very different types of Romances? My Renegades Series is Spicy & Sweet Sports Romance. Lots of spice heati...