Saturday, January 16, 2016

New "family member"

Friday we brought home a new puppy, her name is Nika. Needless to say this weekend will be all about helping the cat, Buddy, and Nika get along and used to each other. I'm 15 yrs older than the last time I did this, and back then we got two dogs one day apart. I'm exhausted, but I don't feel so well right now either. Hubby is really exhausted because it's his dog, so I'm "letting" him take the lead. If memory serves me right, that was easier, lol. So I'm sure this weekend there won't be a lot of social media posting from me, especially if I want to use my free time writing. (They are both napping right this moment, and so is hubby, lol.)
But if you have any tips or ticks to help me help them get along, I'm all ears! Facebook, tweet, PM, whatever.
Nika misses her pack. She lived with mom and dad doggie, and her puppy siblings, a brother and two sisters. Her human mom was very sad to see her go.
I was looking for a new puppy in place of my recently lost Sparky, but now I'm thinking differently. Granted, it's only day 2, and Buddy took a few days to really get used to us and our home, and now he's my little spoiled baby. Hmmm...speaking of spoiled Buddy, I think he needs a new toy or two, don't you?
So, today will be a day of continuing to make the house ready for the pets. But no worries, I am working on Dom's story. Still hoping for a mid March or April release - but as we all know life happens, so that can change.
Plus, I have about three other book ideas rolling around my brain, so I'm hoping for a busy 2016. Oh, and they are all Renegades books!
Well, I'm going to eat some "breakfast" (even though it's noon) while everyone is now napping.
Have a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know?

Did you know that I write two very different types of Romances? My Renegades Series is Spicy & Sweet Sports Romance. Lots of spice heati...