Thursday, June 7, 2018

Hello Summer!

It's finally June.
I like June. First of all it's summer! It's also my birthday AND my wedding anniversary. So much to like about this month!

And...school lets out! Whew.
I hope to not only get immersed into my current project, Melting the Ice - Renegades 10, but I hope to get so into it that I also get to write The End! And with school over it will be so much easier to commit all my time to the work in progress.
Plus they cancelled one of my favorite shows on tv - The Chew (on ABC). That's so not cool. I've never been a huge fan of Food Network shows, but I really like The Chew. (Well, it won't be off the air until the fall, but still...)
If you know me, you know I've never been a fan of cooking. The kitchen has never been my domain. But when I started watching The Chew this past January, tips they shared about cooking, or recipes they made piqued my interest. I not only tried a recipe or two that I saw on the show, I took the tips they shared to heart, and used them in my cooking. Then I signed up for Blue Apron meal kit.
LIFECHANGER!
And just like that we went from ordering out most days to actually cooking our own meals, and not just chili, pasta, and meatloaf, lol. (Even though my chili and pasta game rock!) It's only taken me 19years of marriage to start cooking our meals... I can't make this stuff up!
I've never bragged about my cooking (just ask my husband, haha) and I've set off my fair share of smoke detectors. But for people who lack the cooking-gene, these meal kits are lifesavers! And it eliminates me going grocery shopping - yes, I can't stand grocery shopping. (let me see a show of hands if you dislike grocery shopping)

And if all this isn't change enough, as a family, we've made big life changes for our health. I cut back on my coffee, yes, me, who LOVES her Starbucks Iced Mochas, barely go to Starbucks twice a month now. And when I do, it's a Skinny Mocha for me. And at home, I drink 1-2 cups at the most, and that's it, then its water for the rest of the day. (I cut back but can't give up my vanilla creamer completely) Mr. G and I both got Fitbits, and I not only am counting calories, I am following the Burton Nutrition plan. We still need to add daily exercise into our routine, but that is the next step. I've never enjoyed being on a program so much before! And I'm down 19lbs as of today.
Go Me !!
I'm in this for the long haul, because life changes are different than diets. Slow and steady...You know the old saying. And now that I've written it for the world to see, I kind of have to stick to it, huh? Lol.

And summer is the time for grilling out, burgers, chicken, chicken burgers, garden veggies... and for the first time, I'm very interested in making our porch an enjoyable place to relax. So, it's time to overhaul the porch, create my writing space/office area, and clean out the basement. You can blame this on the fact that I turned on the new season of Trading Spaces over the weekend. I used to watch it back in it's heyday, and it always inspired me. The guys got a "smoker" so it'll be interesting to see what they cook up.

And this is the first time in a while that I've had nails, but it's making for difficulty typing, so please excuse any typos!

I'm determined to get Melting the Ice - Renegades 10 published in 2018, so keep an eye out. And to stay up to date with all of my projects (like the secret one you'll see later in 2018), check out my Facebook Readers Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MelodysIceCrew/

As for now, I'm looking ahead to midnight, when the school year is officially over. I'll celebrate tomorrow by hopefully writing a couple chapters and taking a walk. (yes, I'm very exciting, lol)

Oh, and I found "Cookie Butter", yes, I'm late to the party on that, but thank you to whoever created it! I'm already searching for different ones to try. We don't have a Trader Joe's super close, but are planning a trip soon to see what they have. And if you haven't tried it, you need to! Even Mr. G is a fan! (We are on our third jar...)

Happy Summer!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know?

Did you know that I write two very different types of Romances? My Renegades Series is Spicy & Sweet Sports Romance. Lots of spice heati...